Searching...
Thursday 29 November 2012

Outrage As 85-Yr-Old Man Allegedly Rapes 12-Yr-Old Girl

There is outrage in Okesa area of Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, following allegations that an 85-year old man, Pa Samuel Oladipupo, allegedly raped a 12-year old girl identified simply as Esther.
Oladipupo, who is now being detained by the Ekiti State police command at the command headquarters in Ado Ekiti, told newsmen in Ado Ekiti, on Tuesday, that he did not rape the girl, but that he attempted to have sex with her with her consent after he was seduced.
According to the octogenarian, he sent the JSS 1 student to buy recharge card for him, adding that she had helped him to enter the credit digits into his mobile handset at his home, and left.
He claimed further that “she came back and said she came to tell me that she was hungry.”
After a meal of bread and stew, Oladipupo claimed further, “She relaxed in the upholstery chair and took off all her dresses.”
As a man, I began to lose control. But I’ve collected that it could be a plan to frame me an d I quickly stood up. So, I didn’t enter her.”
But the girl countered Pa Oladipupo’s statement, saying she did not seduce him but that it was the man that grabbed her.
According to her, she had gone to mend her school sandal when Pa Oladipupo she had earlier helped to buy a recharge card, called her and accused her of stealing his mobile handset.
“When I told him I didn’t steal his phone, he then asked me to accompany him to his sitting room where we found the phone on the television and he apologised. As I made to go, Baba grabbed me and pushed me onto the couch and forcefully had sex with me. The loud noise I made attracted one woman who came to my rescue and took me to my mother.”
The Public Relations Officer of the state police command, Mr. Victor Olu Babayemi, said the alleged crime was committed on Sunday at No. 9, Barracks Road in Okesa, Ado Ekiti, adding that the girl had been taken to the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), Ado Ekiti, for necessary tests.
Babayemi said preliminary investigations conducted y the police confirmed that the old man is a serial rapist, adding that the accused person would be charged to court as soon as the test results were received.
The Ekiti Police spokesperson also hinted that the matter had been reported to the Ekiti State Gender-Based Violence Prohibition Committee for immediate rehabilitation of the victim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!