Searching...
Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Asset declaration: Jonathan, Sambo Not Defaulting, Ministers Too —CCB


The Code of Conduct Bureau, on Tuesday, said President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice-President Namadi Sambo were not defaulting as far as asset declaration was concerned, as the duo had declared their assets with the Bureau as provided by its Act.
It also said that none of the ministers was in default.
It, however, disclosed that 134,717 public officers would be facing trial for defaulting to declare their assets.
The chairman of the Bureau, Mr Sam Saba, who disclosed this during the 2012 ministerial press briefing, held in Abuja, stated that 230,298 eligible declarations were identified and issued with assets declaration forms out of which 109,026 officers completed and returned their forms for processing and storage.
He further disclosed that the defaulters cut across many organisations, ministries,parastatals such as Customs Service Vehicle Inspection Unit and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
He also stated that the Bureau was at present prosecuting 172 public officers from Kogi and Kwara states for defaulting.
The Bureau chairman added that 80 petitions were received within the year, out of which 20 had been investigated, five had been referred to legal unit for advice,10 were sent to the legal unit for prosecution while 26 were under investigation. Three petitions were kept in view, three were referred to other agencies, one closed and 16 still pending.
The Bureau also stated that it had filed charges on breach of the Code of Conduct against nine officers from various organisations before the conduct tribunal, adding that it was also drafting charges against public officers who had defaulted in declaring their assets from Abia,Akwa Ibom Bauchi,Bayelsa,Borno,Cross River,Ebonyi, Enugu, Kano,Katsina,Kwara, Nasarawa and Rivers states.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments