Thursday, 29 November 2012

Teenager Stabbed His Mum 94 Times Then Blamed It On Mystery Drugs Gang

A boy of 16 murdered his mother by knifing her 94 times in an attack that first immobilised her by cutting her spinal cord, a court heard yesterday.
Then he claimed Leah Whittle was killed by a gang of “mystery men from Yorkshire”.
A jury heard the youth stabbed her in the head, back and front during an onslaught so sudden she had “little chance” to defend herself in the two-bed flat they shared.
He then climbed out of his first-floor window and down a drainpipe in the early hours and went to visit friends – giving them an elaborate cover story about the mystery killers, Winchester crown court was told.
The teenager – who admits “an interest in knives” – claimed he had watched through a bathroom door as they knifed her to death, said prosecutor Richard Smith.
The divorced mum-of-three, 42, was found slumped in her hallway in Weymouth, Dorset.
Mr Smith added: “At some stage, he told his pals as he described his ‘escape’, the killers tried to knife him.”
He said the boy’s friends did not call the police or an ambulance.
The youth, now 17 and who cannot be named for legal reasons, denies murder between July 19 and 21.
He wore a silver tracksuit as he heard his mum’s last moments relived in court.
Mr Smith said Ms Whittle was “immobilised” early on in the horrific killing by her own son.
A postmortem examination of her blood-stained body revealed that her spinal cord had been severed by a blade.
There were no injuries to her arms or hands – suggesting she was rendered unconscious early in the attack.
The prosecutor said that earlier on the night of the killing the boy spoke by phone to one of his all-girl group of pals and said his mum had “days to live” as she was set to be executed.
Mr Smith claimed he told the friend that his brother had got himself into trouble over a drug debt and that people were on their way to kill their mother.
He said: “The friend was left with the impression the mother’s life was at immediate risk.”
His pal, who also cannot be named, could hear Ms Whittle in the background bringing the boy a drink.
Mr Smith added: “It may be that in the course of that night he’d become angry at something his mother had said or done.
“He himself says he has a temper. Perhaps that and his interest in knives came together.”
The court heard the youth later turned up at his friend’s house with his mum’s blood on his face and his socks.
The court heard the boy told three friends that cuts on his hands were from climbing down the drainpipe to escape.
Traces of his blood were found inside the flat, the court heard.
The murder weapon has never been recovered.
The trial continues.


Post a Comment

Add your comments