Stephanie Bongiovi, 19, won't face charges after allegedly overdosing on heroin in a dorm room at Hamilton College in upstate New York, thanks to a new good Samaritan drug law passed last year, prosecutors said Thursday.
Ian Grant, 21, the male friend who called 911, also caught the same break.
"People will say she got away with murder because of who she is, but this law was passed so people don't watch somebody die because they're afraid of jail," Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara told the Daily News.
"And you don't want the person overdosing to say, 'No, don't call,'" he added.
He said Bongiovi would still be in hot water if she possessed a minimum of 8 ounces of heroin, but she did not.
"It was an insignicant amount. Heroin does not weigh that much in the first place," he told The News.
The decision means the co-eds can toss the tickets ordering them to appear in court Dec. 4.
"We're prohibited by law from prosecuting," McNamara said. "We had no other choice but to dismiss the case."
Police said Wednesday that Bongiovi, the only daughter of the legendary rocker, was unresponsive when help arrived at the Dunham Hall dorm shortly before 2 a.m.
She was rushed to a hospital as investigators found heroin at the scene and recovered marijuana and glassine envelopes after obtaining a search warrant.
She was charged with misdemeanor possession of heroin, misdemeanor marijuana possession, criminally using drug paraphernalia, police said.
Grant was booked at the Kirkland police station on misdemeanor drug posession and released back to Hamilton.