Searching...
Friday 5 October 2012

Nicole Scherzinger: 'I sang 95% of the Pussycat Dolls vocals'

Nicole Scherzinger arriving at Annabel's private members club in Mayfair.
London, England

Nicole Scherzinger has claimed that she sang "95%" of the Pussycat Dolls vocals on her own.
The singer revealed on VH1's Behind The Music that she was responsible for both lead and backing vocals on the group's songs, with hardly anything sung by her fellow members Melody Thornton, Ashley Roberts, Kimberly Wyatt, Jessica Sutta and Carmit Bachar, Us Weekly reports.
"I love those girls, they're like my sisters, but people don't even know the story," Scherzinger said. "They have no idea. I was in the centre because I was singing. I was the one singing."
Scherzinger, who said that she didn't want to get in trouble for her revelations, explained that the other Pussycat Dolls members often hadn't even heard their tracks until they were recorded.
"I never really talked about it, but I'll never forget I finished the album PCD and [producer] Ron [Fair] and I brought the girls into the studio and we played it for them, and it was the first time they'd ever heard the music," she said.
"Do you understand what I'm saying? We played the album for the Pussycat Dolls. It was the first time they'd ever heard the songs."
Fair also verified Scherzinger's account, saying: "Melody sang a bit here and there but the records were Nicole, with the exception of an occasional ad lib. They were Nicole. They were created with her."
Scherzinger, who is currently working as a judge on the UK X Factor, has previously said that being in the Pussycat Dolls turned her "from a girl into a woman".
She left the group in 2010 to pursue her solo career and other projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!