Searching...
Friday 26 October 2012

Justin Timberlake Formally Apologizes For Gag Wedding Video

Justin Timberlake, although grateful for what his friend did, does not condone the wedding video that was
making fun of homeless people. In a formal letter, the singer apologized to "anyone who was offended by [it] ", insisting he had nothing to do with the making and it was not played at his wedding to Jessica Biel last week.
The video shows a toothless homeless man wishing the Timberlakes a happy marriage. The man was reportedly paid $40 to read pre-written lines to the camera.
A transvestite and a shirtless man were also featured in the eight- minute video which was posted on Gawker despite a cease-and-desist letter from Timberlake's longtime friend Justin Huchel, who reportedly made the video.
Timberlake had received criticisms since the video leaked. In his defense, he wrote, "My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive." He added, "I think we can all agree that it was distasteful."
After making several points clear, Timberlake concluded, "I want to say that, on behalf of my friends, family, and associative knuckleheads, I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video. Again, it was something that I
was not made aware of. But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable."
He ended the letter by writing that he will have his friend doing "at least 100 hours of community service... Boom."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!