Searching...
Monday 24 September 2012

Balotelli has bust-up with Mancini as boss shoves striker down the tunnel

Roberto Mancini was involved in another confrontation with Mario Balotelli after seeing Manchester City pegged back by a late Arsenal equaliser at the Etihad Stadium.
As he came off at the end, 85th-minute substitute Balotelli had words with Mancini, who responded by placing his hand on the temperamental City striker’s back and shoving him down the tunnel.
Mancini was reluctant to discuss the incident, but admitted he will demand an explanation.
‘I don’t remember anything with Mario,’ said the City manager. ‘It’s possible I did (push him).
‘I don’t remember if he asked me something but it’s not important. Mario may think it was important.Was it because he wasn’t playing and came on late? Probably, probably, I don’t know. Tomorrow I will ask him.
‘I’m very sorry today for the players, because it was difficult after Real Madrid. I’m worried because we continue to concede goals. I don’t know why it is happening.
‘In the first half, we had one less player in the middle, and Arsenal played it easy. I replaced Scott Sinclair with Jack Rodwell, and in the second half we played better. ’
Arsene Wenger, who was without flu victim Thomas Vermaelen, saluted his side’s fluent passing.
‘A point was the minimum we deserved,’ said the Arsenal manager. ‘There was frustration, though, at conceding from a set-piece and seeing Gervinho miss late on.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!