Searching...
Wednesday 9 January 2013

Chaka Chaka Tried To Stop Son From Singing

Yvonne Chaka Chaka's son, Themba Machaka, has made it onto the South African music scene and is continuing to dominate charts, much to his mother's dismay, reports the Sowetan Live.
Themba, who is also known as Don Chaka, fully acknowledges his mom's influence in his life and believes that music chose him, although he tried running away from it.
In an interview with the newspaper, the 28-year-old he reveals how he tried get away from the music scene, because of his famous mother.
"I tried to run away from music because my mother was doing it and I always thought people would think I was doing it because of her, but music chose me," Themba said.
And Yvonne also tried stopping him from following a career as a musician.
"Everyone knows that I would not allow my children to be in the music industry because I know the highs and lows of the business and like any parent, I don't want to see any of my children suffering," Yvonne Chaka Chaka told the newspaper.
"I have come to terms with the fact that I have to support Themba in his music career."
"My mother tried to stop me many times from pursuing a career in music because it is a known fact that the industry is corrupt," Themba revealed. "I guess she played a good role in protecting me and helped me develop a thick skin to become the artist I am today," Themba said.
Themba's latest singles Uzosha, I Wanna Be There and Ubuntu Yistayela has made a sweep on community based radio stations such as Thetha FM and Kasie FM.
His debut album is due to be released in March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments

 
Back to top!